Personal Information We Collect
When you visit our website, we may collect certain information about you. This may include:
- Name and email address: If you choose to leave a comment on our website, we may collect your name and email address in order to respond to your comment or contact you in the future. If you leave a comment on our website you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- Contact form information: If you choose to contact us through our website contact form, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other information you choose to provide.
- This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Should you leave a comment on an article (blog post) page Akismet may collect your IP address, user agent, referrer, and site URL along with other information directly provided by you such as your name, email address, and the comment itself. Learn how comment data is processed by Akismet at https://akismet.com/privacy/.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Use of Personal Information
We may use personal information collected through our website to:
- Respond to comments and inquiries: If you leave a comment or contact us through our website, we may use your personal information to respond to your inquiry.
- Improve our website: We may use information collected through Google Analytics to analyse website traffic and improve our website content and functionality.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not disclose personal information collected through our website to any third-party service providers, however your data, should you leave a comment on the website, may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Security of Personal Information
We take reasonable measures to protect the security of personal information collected through our website. However, no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
How we protect your data
We have implemented reasonable technical and administrative safeguards to protect any personal information you may submit from unauthorised access or disclosure. Our security measures include access controls and regular security monitoring.
What data breach procedures we have in place
Despite our best efforts, data breaches can occur. In the event of a data breach, we will take immediate steps to contain the breach and to notify affected individuals, as required by law.
What rights you have over your data
If you have left comments on this website you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.